POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Plump Ken : Re: Plump Ken Server Time
17 May 2024 05:07:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plump Ken
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Jun 2007 05:36:23
Message: <9otp73djv6m2bnrcm8ioucfj3pmft7niug@4ax.com>
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:02:31 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

> What I do, is create a
>folder somewhere on my HD, that I call 'My Runtime Libraries' (any name will
>do). Each time I download a new figure or prop, I extract it to that folder,
>using the folder names that come with the zipped files.
>In Poser, you go to the utmost top of the Figures Library (normally at the
>right of your screen) by double clicking on the arrow that brings you upward
>in the Library Tree, until you see the folder name 'Poser 7' with a red ball
>beside it. Now, just above that, click on the black triangle opening a
>pulldown menu, and click on 'Add New Runtime'. Choose your newly created
>folder and it will appear in the Poser's Library column. The beautiful thing
>is that if the figure (or prop) has Poses, Materials, Expressions, etc,
>those will appear automatically when opened for the figure.

Oh! I did not know that. Now I've got to un/reinstall Poser because I've put
everything into the Poser Runtime. My libraries are a mess and I can't find
anything. Thanks for the tip.

>In much the same way, you can save your own figures or props to an external
>library.

One of the things I dislike about Poser is the way it does not remember which
directory to use.

Regards
	Stephen